TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
See other payment options - PayPal below.
ARTHRITIS 2 Hr COURSE
The purpose of this course is to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; ARNP, RN, LPN, CNA /HHA, Occupational Therapists (OT/OTA) and other Professionals /individuals who are working in the health care environment, as well as other students/ individuals regarding Arthritis, the various types of Arthritis, risk factors for the development of arthritis, diagnosing and various treatment options. Discuss the occupational therapists and physical Therapists’ role in Managing Arthritis and review the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) plans and function to help individuals with arthritis to better manage their condition through intensive self-management education and physical activity interventions.
After successful completion of this course the Participants will be able to:
1. Define Arthritis and detail the symptoms often experienced by patients
2. Describe the various types of Arthritis
3. Discuss Osteoarthritis/ degenerative joint disease and ankylosing spondylitis
4. Describe Gout, Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and effects on the joints
5. Describe Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)
6. Describe various risk factors for the development of arthritis
7. Discuss Arthritis Pain Management
8. Discuss various testing to confirm /diagnose Arthritis
9. Describe various types and treatments
10. Discuss the occupational and physical therapist role in Managing Arthritis.