TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
See other payment options - PayPal below.
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS 2Hr
The purpose of this course is to review Bloodborne pathogens and safety practices within the workplace, to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; CNS, ARNP, RN, LPN Therapists, Guardians, other Professionals and CNA/HHA who are working in various settings and the health care environment, as well as other students, individuals regarding Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards/ regulations regarding bloodborne pathogens, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) and National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) recommendations, review regulations regarding sharps safety handling and proper disposal and the appropriate use of Personal protective equipment (PPE). Discuss the employers’ requirement to implement an exposure control plan for the worksite and the General Duty Clause.
After successful completion of this course the participants will be able to:
1. Define bloodborne pathogens
2. Describe OSHA Regulations regarding bloodborne pathogens
3. Describe measures to eliminate or reduce the hazards of occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens
4. Discuss the employers’ requirement to implement an exposure control plan for the worksite
5. Discuss bloodborne pathogens; Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
6. Describe appropriate use of Personal protective equipment (PPE)
7. Describe recommendations and regulations regarding sharps safety handling and proper disposal.