TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
Add to cart offers Credit card, Debit card or PayPal options.
***after you add to cart, move over to the cart & click to open and complete the transaction***
The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of Alzheimer’s disease, the brain and behavioral changes, management, stages and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved medications and various support groups / resources that are available to the affected individual and family, including aspects of caring for the individual and assisting with Activities of Daily living (ADLs).
At the conclusion of the course the participants will be able to:
- Define the pathophysiology of Alzheimer’s disease
- Discuss the theories of what causes Alzheimer’s disease.
- Describe characteristics of early to late onset Alzheimer’s disease.
- Describe the signs and symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Describe the 7 stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Explain changes that occur within the brain as Alzheimer’s disease progress
- Describe behavioral changes experienced by patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Describe some techniques used to manage behavioral symptoms.
- Discuss diagnostic tests involved in the process of the disease
- Discuss medications used in the treatment of Alzheimer disease.
- Discuss services, support groups, research centers and publications that are available regarding Alzheimer’s disease.
- Describe Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and how to provide assistance as needed.