TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
SEE OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS - PayPal below.
DIABETES MELLITUS 4Hr
The purpose of this course is to provide the health care professionals; LPN, RN, ARNP, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Home Health Aid (HHA), students, and other individuals with an understanding of Diabetes Mellitus. The course will review three major types of Diabetes, demographic factors that affect / increase the risk for developing Diabetes, some of the complications associated with Diabetes Mellitus, medication management, possible side effects of Diabetic medications, signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia /hyperglycemia and interventions, review patient teaching /education and available resources.
After successful completion of this course the students will be able to:
1. Discuss three major types of Diabetes
2. Describe demographic factors that affect / increase the risk for developing Diabetes
3. Describe complications associated with Diabetes Mellitus
4. Discuss medication management for individuals with Diabetes Mellitus
5. Discuss possible side effects of Diabetic medications
6. Describe signs/ symptoms of hypo/hyperglycemia and interventions
7. Discuss the importance of patient education
8. Discuss available community and online resources