TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
After payment ...
The purpose of this course is to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; ARNP, RN, LPN, Dietitian/Nutritionist, Nutrition Counselor, other professionals and CNA who are working in the health care environment, as well as other students/ individuals regarding the Anatomy and Physiology of the Digestive system and various disorders, causes, symptoms, and treatments. Review of Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Hiatal hernia, Paraesophageal hernia, Gastritis, Peptic ulcer disease, Hepatitis, ASCITES- Portal hypertension, Cholecystitis, CHOLELITHIASIS, Pancreatitis and other disorders. Infection control, Hand hygiene procedures, Noroviruses, Clostridium difficile, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards/ regulations regarding bloodborne pathogens, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) and National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) recommendations.
After successful completion of this course the students will be able to:
1. Describe the anatomy and physiology of the digestive track
2. Discuss some of the functions of the digestive system
3. Describe problems that are associated with the digestive system and appropriate
4. Discuss causes, symptoms and treatment of Gastroesophageal reflux disease
(GERD), Hiatal hernia, paraesophageal hernia, Gastritis, Peptic ulcer disease
5. Discuss types, causes, symptoms and treatment of various Hepatitis
6. Discuss ASCITES- Portal hypertension; causes, symptoms, treatment
7. Describe Cholecystitis, CHOLELITHIASIS symptoms and treatment
8. Discuss causes, symptoms and treatment of Pancreatitis and other disorders.