TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
EKG INTERPRETATION 30 Hr
The purpose of this course is to provide the Health care professionals; LPN, RN, ARNP, Graduate Nurses, Medical Assistants and other Healthcare workers with the opportunity to complete a review of the cardiovascular system, discuss the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system, describe common characteristics of abnormal heart rhythms, recognize common characteristics of arrhythmias, describe how to interpret the tracing, review how to take a 12-lead EKG, describe accurate landmarks to place the limb and precordial leads, how to review EKG strips in a systematic manner, review EKG strip analysis - P, Q, R, S,T waveform interpretation, recognize atrial, ventricular, junctional, pacemaker rhythms, tips to identify abnormal heart rhythms, discuss atrial ventricular (AV) blocks, recognize rhythms that are associated with each type of AV block, as well as common Cardiovascular diseases and the at risk population, review ways to make healthy choices and managing medical conditions. The course also emphasizes specific interventions for each abnormal heart rhythms.
After successful completion of this course the health care professionals /participants will be able to:
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system
- Describe common characteristics of abnormal heart rhythms
- Recognize common characteristics of arrhythmias /abnormal heart rhythms
- Review EKG strips in a systematic way
- Recognize atrial, ventricular, juntional, pacemaker rhythms
- Identify abnormal heart rhythms
- Recognize rhythms that are associated with each type of AV block
- Discuss atrial ventricular (AV) blocks
- Discuss common Cardiovascular diseases
- Describe the at risk population for cardiovascular problems /diseases
- Describe ways to make healthy choices and managing medical conditions.
- Describe how to prepare the patient & how to take a 12-lead EKG
- Describe how to place the limb and precordial leads
- Describe how to interpret the tracing.
We recently added a share button :