TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
FOR MORE INFORMATION - CONTACT us. See contact form below.
HIV /AIDS 3Hr
The purpose of this course is to provide Individuals, Nurses, Guardians, Dietitian / Nutritionist, Nutrition Counselor, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Home Health Aids (HHA), LPN, CNS, RN, ARNP and other the health care professionals with the opportunity to complete the requirements of the Florida Status - 381.0035 (the requirements for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
This course will provide the Professionals, Nurses, Therapists, student and other individuals with knowledge relating to the modes of transmission, various infection control practices / procedures, the clinical management, and prevention of human immunodeficiency virus and acquired immune deficiency syndrome with some emphasis on appropriate behavior and attitude change.
After successful completion of this course the participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the facts relating to Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
2. Describe the epidemiology / transmission modes of HIV; how it is spread
3. Identify the populations at risk for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
4. Discuss means of preventing the spread of the disease
5. Detail infection control practice /procedures
6. Discuss testing recommendations for HIV
7. Discuss issues regarding the confidentiality of test results
8. Recognize health concerns in HIV patients
9. Describe clinical management /how to provide care to patients with HIV and AIDS.
10. Review of HIV/AIDS PREVALENCE in Georgia.
11. Review of HIV/AIDS PREVALENCE in Alabama
12. Review of HIV/AIDS PREVALENCE in Florida.
13. Review of HIV/AIDS PREVALENCE in District of Columbia.
14. Review of HIV/AIDS PREVALENCE in New York