TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
Various Payment options:
See Buy now for PayPal below or see credit/ debit card options (Pay Now)
After you have paid for the course ...
**This course is not available for Professional Guardians CE Credits***
The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of informed consent. Residents /Patients who have a professional Guardian are called Wards. The course reviews decisions that individuals make on behalf of their Wards under guardianship based on the principle of Informed Consent, professional ethics, ethical code of conduct, standards and practices to assist individuals in developing and maintaining the highest level of ethical decision-making skills, to continue to provide care and services as a desirable model, confidentiality and review the professional guardian’s duties regarding diversity and personal preferences of the ward. This course is designed for Nurses: LPN, RN, ARNP, Nursing Home Administrators, and other the health care professionals, Therapists as well as other individuals.
At the end of this course, the reader will be able to:
1. Discuss principles of informed consent,
2. Discuss standards for decision-making,
3. Describe decisions that Professional Guardians make on behalf of their Wards under guardianship based on the principle of Informed Consent,
4. Define ethical behavior for the healthcare team and other
5. Discuss principles of placing the least restrictions on the Wards’ freedoms, rights, and ability to control their environments,
6. Describe the role of the professionals in maintaining confidentiality,
7. Describe ethical decision-making skills,
8. List specific ways to integrate ethical considerations in the day-to-day decision- making,
9. Discuss strategies for effective communication.
10. Discuss Florida Statutes 400.022 Residents’ Rights.