TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
Instructor made everything so easy to learn. Highly recommend !! C. Florida
CHECK CALENDAR FOR CLASS DATE or send message below
Contact us if you have questions.
MATH & MEDICATION CALCULATIONS 5 Hr (Classroom only) # 20-690316
(send message via contact form for upcoming dates).
1979 E Edgewood Dr. Suite #107
Lakeland, FL 33803
Great refresher for those who want to practice and strengthen math & Medication calculation skills. This course allows several practice sessions which builds confidence.
MATH & MEDICATION CALCULATIONS 5 Hr (Classroom only)
The purpose of this course is to review mathematics and medication calculations. This course is appropriate for personnel within the healthcare environment/ settings, such as; ARNP, RN, LPN and Medical Assistants who are working in the health care settings, Therapists as well as other students, individuals who would like to review medication calculations. The course includes Calculation of Oral Medications – Solids and Liquids, Calculations when stock is a Ratio, Calculations When the stock is in percent (%),
IV Flow rates (ml/hr), IV Drop /min Rates, Adding Medications to IV,
IV MEDICATION orders in Units/kg/hr, Microgram/min, Microgram/kg/min,
determine the dosage of a medication needed to add to IV, review of the metric system, converting from grams (g) to milligrams (mg), milligrams to grams, micrograms (µg) to milligrams (mg), milligrams to micrograms and more.
At the conclusion of this course, the Participants will be able to:
1. Describe the metric system,
2. Discuss how to convert from grams (g) to milligrams (mg),
3. Describe how to convert from milligrams to grams,
4. Discuss how to convert from micrograms (µg) to milligrams (mg),
5. Describe how to convert from milligrams to micrograms.
6. Describe Intravenous (IV) calculations
7. Discuss how to calculate the drip rate,
8. Describe how to calculate Intravenous flow rate,
9. Demonstrate how to calculate dose of medication to be administered by IV as well as other route of administration.