TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
Pain and Symptom Management 3 Hr
The purpose of this course is to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; ARNP, RN, LPN, CNA /HHA, Occupational Therapists (OT/OTA) and other professionals who are working in the health care environment, as well as other students/ individuals regarding chronic, subacute and acute pain, pain assessment and pain scales for verbal and nonverbal patients, opioid therapy and different types of pain, non-opioid pain and symptom management for patients with Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, the risk factors, some of the complications, the treatment/ management with medications, exercise/ therapy, effective self-management strategies and interventions for educating the affected individuals / patients and community resources that are available and contact information.
After successful completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
1. Define chronic, subacute, and acute pain
2. Describe pain assessment for verbal and nonverbal patients
3. Discuss pain scales for adults and children
4. Discuss Opioid Therapy and Different Types of Pain
5. Describe the treatment /management with medications, therapy, lifestyle changes,
6. Discuss arthritis and Fibromyalgia
7. Discuss interventions and patient teaching regarding self-management Strategies.
8. Describe available community resources for assistance with pain management.