TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
After payment ...
PARKINSON'S DISEASE; DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT 3Hr
The purpose of this course is to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; ARNP, CNS, RN, LPN, CNA /HHA, Occupational Therapists (OT/OTA), Physical Therapist (PT/PTA), Speech Therapist, and other professionals who are working in the health care environment, as well as other individuals, regarding Parkinson's disease, the causes, review of symptoms such as tremors, rigidity, postural instability, parkinsonian gait, bradykinesia, diagnosis of Parkinson's disease, the progression of Parkinson's disease, medication management, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery and good treatment strategies to maintain a high quality of life for as long as possible.
After successful completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
1. Define Parkinson's disease,
2. Discuss the diagnosis of Parkinson's disease /causes of Parkinson's
3. Describe the progression of Parkinson's disease,
4. Discuss the symptoms such as tremors, rigidity, postural instability,
Parkinsonian gait, bradykinesia,
5. Describe treatment strategies that helps to maintain a high quality of life
for as long as possible.
6. Discuss medication management of the disease,
7. Describe the surgical options available such as Deep Brain Stimulation
8. Discuss the availability of community resources and organizations
supporting the disease.
9. Describe current research in progress.