TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
See other payment options below. PayPal/ PayPal credit.
RECOGNIZING IMPAIRMENT IN THE WORKPLACE 2 Hr
PRINT your certificate after completion.
The purpose of this course is to provide health care professionals; LPN, RN, ARNP, Therapists, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Home Health Aides (HHA), Professions and other individuals with the opportunity to review the impact that substance abuse has on the impaired nurse, practitioner /colleague. To identify signs of impairment within the workplace, review the most commonly misused or abused types of legal drugs. Discuss mandatory reporting law, steps to take regarding reporting / making referral of an impaired nurse, discuss treatment programs, describe employer initiatives to provide assistance; initiatives to promote safety, discuss some of the adverse health outcomes; the potential short term and long-Term Health Risks and describe the Intervention Project for Nurses (IPN) program that is available to the impaired practitioner. Review of the Florida, Georgia and District of Columbia nursing Board’s stance, requirements and recommendations.
After completion of this course the readers will be able to:
1. Identify signs of impairment in the workplace
2. Discuss the three most commonly misused or abused types of legal drugs.
3. Discuss mandatory reporting law
4. Describe the steps to take regarding reporting / referral of an impaired nurse
5. Discuss treatment programs for impaired practitioners
6. Discuss employer initiatives to provide assistance
7. Discuss employer initiatives to promote safety
8. Discuss some of the adverse health outcomes
9. Describe the Intervention Project for Nurses (IPN)
Note: The new 2 CE requirement for the Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace course becomes effective August 1, 2017, then every other biennium thereafter.