TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
See other payment options - PayPal below.
SPINAL CORD INJURIES 2Hr
The purpose of this course is to educate and reinforce the knowledge of Nurses; ARNP, RN, LPN, CNA /HHA, Occupational Therapists (OT/OTA) and other Professionals who are working in the health care environment, as well as other students/ individuals regarding working with patients with Spinal cord injuries. Review of the central nervous system. Review of fact sheets regarding autonomic dysreflexia, respiratory health, bladder management, alternative surgical management for bladder, bowel function and sexual function after spinal cord injury, skin care, pressure sore, pain, recovery and rehabilitation after spinal cord injury.
After successful completion of this course the participants will be able to:
1. Define the central nervous system
2. Discuss signs and symptoms often experienced by patients with Spinal cord injuries
3. Describe the treatment modalities
4. Discuss the effects seen at High-Cervical Nerves (C1 – C4) injuries
5. Discuss the effects seen at Low-Cervical Nerves (C5 – C8)
6. Discuss the effects seen at Thoracic Nerves (T1 – T5)
7. Discuss the effects seen at Thoracic Nerves (T6 – T12)
8. Discuss the effects seen at Lumbar Nerves (L1 – L5)
9. Discuss the effects seen at Sacral Nerves (S1 – S5)
10. Discuss the Occupational and Physical Therapists role in the Care of Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury
11. Detail some of the available resources within the community and online.