TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
REGISTER FOR COURSE -
SEE OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS:
After you have REGISTERED/ PAID FOR COURSE, proceed ...
SUPERVISORY POST BASIC COURSE FOR LPN IN NURSING HOME FACILITIES 30Hr
The purpose of this course is to provide the licensed practical nurse (LPN) with a Board approved licensed practical nurse supervisory education course prior to accepting any supervisory position in the nursing home facilities.
The course allows the licensed practical nurse to review the minimum thirty (30) hour post-basic licensed practical nurse supervisory education course which includes: Chapter 464, F.S., the Nurse Practice Act, Sections 456.031, 456.033, F.S., and Chapter 64B9, F.A.C., Rules and Regulations for Nursing, the scope of practice for the licensed practical nurse as defined in Section 464.003(3)(b), F.S., (c) The supervisory role of the licensed practical nurse as defined in Section 400.23(3)(c), F.S., including limits of authority and appropriate documentation in patient records, (d) Supervisory role transition, (e) Strategies for directing the practice of others, (f) Principles of delegation, (g) Effective communication, (h) Team building and conflict resolution, (i) Work performance accountability, (j) Employee evaluation, (k) Interpersonal relationship skills, (l) Assignment development, and (m) Recognition and resolution of inappropriate delegation.
The course provides the information that is required to be completed by the Florida Board of Nursing; thirty (30) hour supervisory post basic course for licensed practical nurse (LPN) in nursing home facilities; before accepting any supervisory position in the nursing home facilities.
At the end of this course, the licensed practical nurse (LPN) /reader will be able to:
1. Describe strategies for directing the practice of others
2. Discuss the principles of delegation
3. Discuss the limits of authority
4. Discuss Florida laws and rules for nursing
5. Describe vital documentation and legal aspects in the nursing home environment
6. Apply principles of resident rights to nursing practice
7. Describe strategies for effective communication among patients and coworkers
8. Describe strategies for addressing /resolving inappropriate delegation
9. Discuss recognizing impairment in the workplace and the appropriate steps for reporting
10. Describe team building and conflict resolution
11. Discuss strategies for effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills
12. Describe assignment development and employee evaluation.